Tuesday, November 9, 2010

We needed a session

So I have started down the road of maybe, possibly taking photos in exchange for money (as in a photography business- not many people have them so you probably have never heard of such a concept..... ...... .......). Right now I am just practicing and doing it for no money but the good news is that I love the taking pictures of strangers part. I was worried I would not like it.

So far, I have shot one family, a one year old, a newborn and five more families. But that has mean't less photo time for me and you. Last night the sun was golden and streaming through the trees so I sweatered you up and we went to the park. I kept thinking everyone was staring at me when I was laying on my belly in the mud while you stared at a tree just for a picture but I am trying to just stop worrying about what other people think.

That has been a hard lesson for me, and maybe will be a hard one for you. I HATE telling anyone I am even thinking about starting a business because I am afraid they will say, "Oh, every mom gets a digital camera and starts a business. It is so annoying". And I then I get sad and question it. But I want to try it. I think I could be great at it. I still need lots more practice and I have you to thank for being my willing subject the last 10 months.

Dreaming is the easy part. Anyone can have dreams or hopes, it is actually getting out that and CHOOSING the life you have always wanted. Action is the hard part. And right now I want this. So I am gonna try it. But not officially until May 2011 because I am still a weanie, maybe just a sort of brave weanie.







This one is from Sunday:

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are amazing, and I don't think your stuff looks like the regular mommy pictures...at least not mine! Follow your heart, and don't let the nay-sayers get you down. I am just some random person from the bump who thought your daughter is adorable (I also have a 10 month old daughter, so I'm not a random creep, lol) and anyway, I follow your blog just to see your great pictures. Your work always pulls at my heartstrings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Megs! You are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you were closer I'd totally let you take pics of Noah:) I love the shots you have of Little:) It is hard to take that step though. I've done a few paid gigs but just haven't really had the confidence to pursue it further. Good luck to you and just do it - you've got the talent:)

    ReplyDelete