Thursday, August 2, 2012

What can I do with this stomach?

{A letter to you both}

I do hope with all of my heart that both of you become mothers because there is so much joy and beauty in the journey. But I have talked before about being less than thrilled with my post-baby body. I am not sure there is a woman on this planet who gives birth, a month later lifts her shirt in the mirror and thinks, "Wow, I look AMAZING!".

More like, "what the flip is this jello situation? I have never quite seen...such a...weird, floppy...mushy..." yeah.

Well after two, it gets even worse. Your stomach just gives up trying to put itself back together. It just hangs out, like little bulldog jowls.

I started working out two weeks after you were born Brynn, and I saw muscles returning but it was not until I really dialed in my diet- following a modified paleo diet that I saw quicker results. In february, I cut out bread and pasta and ate meat, veggies, fruit and nuts. I still eat very little bread and have not had pasta since february. I actually don't miss it and I have much more energy. 

When we moved, I joined a new crossfit gym. The workouts are really hard, I am not going to lie. But I actually do really well when someone pushes me, so I really like doing it. By the end, I am sweating and barely able to sit up. The good news is, this summer, I wore short shorts! And my legs looked really good! And my arms are getting quite toned. But this tummy... it mocks me. 

So I am challenging my tummy in the month of August and on September 1st, I am going to post a pic of myself (I took a before pic in September when Brynn was a couple weeks old) and compare it that one. If I still look like I have a baby bulldog living under my belly button, I lose. If I can see definition, I win!

I will be eating a little stricter than I am now, drinking lot's of water and aiming for 4 crossfit workouts a week.

So my lesson I am trying to teach you here, is that if you set your mind to something, you can do it. The question is, can I?

Time will tell!


1 comment:

  1. I really don't understand how celebrities get their flat stomachs back within weeks, they MUST be photoshopped.

    I'm impressed with your tenacity, you've been working so hard! I tell myself taht when I am done having kids I will buckle down and get back to my early 20s body, but part of me thinks it will be impossible.

    ReplyDelete