Sunday, December 30, 2012

Change

{A letter to you both}

2013 is just around the corner. I am doing the normal thing of thinking about how I want to change. I thought if I shared my goals here, I would more likely to stick to them.

The first ones are how I want to change as a mother:

1. I want to read more books to you both. For some reason, reading to both of you is a bit exhausting. It starts to become a battle about who gets to sit more ON me. And it is just not my favorite. But I need to get over it because you both love books.

2. Go on more adventures. We are kind of home bodies and we have so much around us to explore.

3. Cut down on social media as it has started to be a bit of a distraction again.

Body:

1. Try not to lose my mind building this house.

2. Get in a bikini next summer for the family trip to San Diego...nervous for that one!

3. Do crossfit at least 3 times a week.

4. Continue limiting bread/pasta/carbs.

Style:

Find a few new cute things for myself, as I seem to soley buy things for your girls instead of my self.

Work:

1. Continue to grow and learn new things.

2. Stick to my own style and don't let clients bully me.

The thing about change is that is really hard! I remember the first time I really lost weight and loved my body and I was a freshman in college and I had to walk everywhere and the food was gross so I ate a bowl of rice krispies for every meal...so I was not really healthy but I was skinny. However, I am not longer that place in my life. I have settled into a routine and I don't LOVE it. So that means change. I am going to write these on my fridge so I don't fall off the wagon.

Also, your new cousin arrived on Saturday! He is so cute and I cannot wait till you both meet him. He is super snuggly.




1 comment:

  1. These are good resolutions - especially the kid ones. :) I need to be better about getting out of the house this year too. I think your booty is pretty rockin' :)

    ReplyDelete